Thursday, September 24, 2015

Missions in The Mission

















As I squeeze through my last couple weeks in the Bay Area, I've been making it a point to spend time in all my favorite neighborhoods. Calling The Mission district of San Francisco "unique" is really an understatement. Historically the community has gone through many layers and it is now a prime location for the influx of people moving to this already overflowing city. Always being a progressive community, I don't want to continue on about how the charm is diminishing because of the techie boom.. Keeping it positive here!  

I just want to say that no matter what the opinion is, The Mission is a space of colliding forces with the backdrop of a true concrete jungle fueled by constant artwork, characters, food and shops. This is my go-to spot for fabric, thrifting and spontaneous gadgets. Walking around here you feel such an extraordinary energy. It's unlike anywhere else. Obviously the reality of living in this neighborhood is now clouded by all kinds of controversy, but the bohemian warmth still exists in the streets. I really hope that doesn't slip away.. 

Wearing all vintage, Jeffrey Campbell boots and H&M sunglasses. 

Photos by Wesley Carter 

No comments:

Post a Comment